The Chester Community Coalition offers free trauma-informed programming and art therapy to children and parents in Chester who are survivors of violence. Counselling sessions are in the evening, so working parents can participate and are available year-round.
To do our work we need you.
Your support means we can offer free counseling for survivors of murder or violent assault. We can offer individual therapy for those whose experience of violence is too recent for them to benefit from a group setting.
Your donations also mean:
- We can pay the rent
- We can offer families safe door-to-door transportation (via Lyft)
- We can offer families dinner (for 50 kids, parents, and group leaders)
- We can offer trauma-informed yoga for mind-body healing
- We can offer families childcare for children too young for therapy
- We can buy supplies for outreach, like sleep sachets made of rose hips and lavender to aid with sleep for trauma-based insomnia
To donate by mail, checks can be made out to
UAC/Chester Community Coalition and sent to
Urban Affairs Coalition, Attn: Lee Wall
1207 Chestnut St, 7th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Every donation helps!